THE DATA MANAGEMENT PORTAL
…provides access to various services for research data collection, archiving and publication of the marine research in Kiel and is provided by the GEOMAR data management team (contact us). The portal offers document exchange, common or individual blogs and fora and integrates internal and external webservices and -pages. Moreover it provides access to several project's collaboration sites with personal login.
The infrastructure covers the period from data acquisition to publication, or 10 years (DFG-Richtlinie), respectively. The longterm archiving of research data will be achieved by publication in suitable world data centers, allowing the synthesis with external data.
DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
"Open Access" to Research Data
"Access Controlled" Research Data (ongoing research)
If you have any questions concerning data management, please contact
the Data Management Team.
Articles & News
- 2016-08-15, New Journal: Aquatic Data - Share, discover and reuse marine & freshwater data
- 2016-08-01, Open Research Data in Horizon 2020
- 2016-04-06, The NOAA GEO-IDE UAF ERDDAP website gives easier access to all of NOAA's data
- 2015-10-06, DFG Leitlinien zum Umgang mit Forschungsdaten
- 2015-05-07, Earth System Science Data (ESSD) journal indexed by Thomson Reuters, read more
- 2015-04-17, Links to quality flags used in GTSPP and CSIRO and the IODE scheme
- 2015-02-20, Eos Article about Marine Methane and Nitrous Oxide (MEMENTO) database
- 2015-02-05, "Research data at your fingertips" has been published
- 2015-01-20, new German Brochure "Einstieg ins Forschungsdatenmanagement in den Geowissenschaften" from DFG-Projekts EWIG available
- 2014-03-04, Spiegel Online article regarding the data deluge and how German scientists will have to cope with it ...
- 2014-02-18, Public test of the "Data Portal German Marine Research", one of the outcomes of the Helmholtz project MaNIDA, has started