THE DATA MANAGEMENT PORTAL
…provides access to various services for research data collection, archiving and publication of the marine research in Kiel and is provided by the GEOMAR data management team (contact us). The portal offers document exchange, common or individual blogs and fora and integrates internal and external webservices and -pages. Moreover it provides access to several project's collaboration sites with personal login.
The infrastructure covers the period from data acquisition to publication, or 10 years (DFG-Richtlinie), respectively. The longterm archiving of research data will be achieved by publication in suitable world data centers, allowing the synthesis with external data.
DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
"Open Access" to Research Data
"Access Controlled" Research Data (ongoing research)
If you have any questions concerning data management, please contact
the Data Management Team.
Articles & News Archive
- 2011-11-21, 'A Surfboard for Riding the Wave - Towards a four country action programme on research data'. A report of Knowledge Exchange. See also the final report of the High level Expert Group on Scientific Data: Riding the wave. How Europe can gain from the rising tide of scientific data.
- 2011-11-03, Legal Status of Research Data in the four partner countries. A report of Knowledge Exchange.
- 2011-10-27, Kiel Data Management Presentation at the MPG eSciDoc Days 2011 in Berlin.
- 2011-10-21, 'Handbuch Forschungsdatenmanagement' published! (Hrsg.: Stephan Büttner, Hans-Christoph Hobohm, Lars Müller)
- 2011-09-16, NASA's Earth Science Data Centers
- 2011-06-22, New Arc GIS Ocean Basemap: More Information or view it!
- 2011-06-14, Geospatial Data Preservation Resource Center: project on preserving digital information
- 2011-05-10, Data Basin: explore and visualize spatial data sets etc.
- 2011-04-29, USGS Earth Explorer: e.g. Search Landsat Satellite Scenes
- 2011-04-11, PANGAEA: Article in 'Zeit'
- 2011, March: Download The IMBER Data Management 'CookBook' now