THE DATA MANAGEMENT PORTAL
…provides access to various services for research data collection, archiving and publication of the marine research in Kiel and is provided by the GEOMAR data management team (contact us). The portal offers document exchange, common or individual blogs and fora and integrates internal and external webservices and -pages. Moreover it provides access to several project's collaboration sites with personal login.
The infrastructure covers the period from data acquisition to publication, or 10 years (DFG-Richtlinie), respectively. The longterm archiving of research data will be achieved by publication in suitable world data centers, allowing the synthesis with external data.
DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
"Open Access" to Research Data
"Access Controlled" Research Data (ongoing research)
If you have any questions concerning data management, please contact
the Data Management Team.
Articles & News Archive
- 2014-03-04, Spiegel Online article regarding the data deluge and how German scientists will have to cope with it ...
- 2014-02-18, Public test of the "Data Portal German Marine Research", one of the outcomes of the Helmholtz project MaNIDA, has started
- 2013-10-14, SST and Chlorophyll data here at GEOMAR are upated regularly again
- 2013-09-20, Helmholtz OA Webinar presentation from D.Fleischer is now accessible.
- 2013-05-31, new German Report to 'Research Data Management at Universities' from Humboldt-University, Berlin.
- 2013-02-01, Visit the new BODC numerical model data portal.
- 2012-12-03, Kiel Data Management Posters at AGU 2012 in San Fransisco.
- 2012-08-09, Link to central portal for (chief) scientists applying for ship time on German Research Vessels (www.forschungsschiffe-portal.de)
- 2012-06-13, 'Langzeitarchivierung von Forschungsdaten: Eine Bestandsaufnahme' published! (Hrsg.: H. Neuroth, S. Strathmann, A. Oßwald, R. Scheffel, J. Klump, J. Ludwig)
- 2012-04-26, Kiel Data Management Poster at EGU 2012 in Wien.
- 2012-04-17, re3data.org: the project's goal is to create a global registry of research data repositories.
- 2012-03-23, Kiel Data Management Presentation at the Pubflow Workshop in Kiel.
- 2012-02-16, Information Portal ‘Research Data Infrastructures', Project: Radieschen: A framework for a multi-disciplinary e-Infrastructure.