- Measures seawater temperature (°C) and conductivity (S/m).
- Samples taken every 6 seconds.
- Water inlet ±1.5 m below sea level near bow of the ship.
- Instrument (Figure 1+2) in Laboratory 18 on tween deck midship.
- Up to 10.6 million samples in internal storage. Sampling continues after internal memory is full, showing real time data.
- Connected to DSHIP with NMEA 0183 interface (Laboratory 9).
- Instrument connected with DSHIP interface.
- DSHIP can be accessed on every computer on board with LAN access.
- Instrument is regularly sent to manufacturers for calibration.